Re: squid-2.4 and diskd

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:38:21 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> That means we'd have to submit all the non-bugzilla bugfixes through
> bugzilla.

Which is by no means more difficult than manually maintaining a web page
(which I do not have permission to do btw).

> The reason I ask is because I'm now the squid port maintainer and
> I'd like to have the port rely on as little local changes as
> possible. The other ports made do by applying all the patchfiles
> in order.

FreeBSD Squid port maintainer I presume?

I fully agree. If a fix is being made to a STABLE version then a patch
should be provided. This is crucial for package maintainers of all OS
families as almost all start from the tarball and then add patches to
fix issues. Using snapshot releases (even of "STABLE" branches) is not
very popular amongst package maintainers.

/Henrik