Re: squid-2.4 and diskd

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:23:22 +0800

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > That means we'd have to submit all the non-bugzilla bugfixes through
> > bugzilla.
>
> Which is by no means more difficult than manually maintaining a web page
> (which I do not have permission to do btw).

Hrm. Duane - do you mind if I change everything in the squid webpage
dir to be owned by group squidweb so henrik can update the webpages?

> > The reason I ask is because I'm now the squid port maintainer and
> > I'd like to have the port rely on as little local changes as
> > possible. The other ports made do by applying all the patchfiles
> > in order.
>
> FreeBSD Squid port maintainer I presume?

yup.

> I fully agree. If a fix is being made to a STABLE version then a patch
> should be provided. This is crucial for package maintainers of all OS
> families as almost all start from the tarball and then add patches to
> fix issues. Using snapshot releases (even of "STABLE" branches) is not
> very popular amongst package maintainers.

Yeah. I discovered that. :-)

Hrm. So, who wants to run off and generate the first set of patches? :)
Guess its going to be me..

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd		"The fact you can download a 100 megabyte file
<adrian@creative.net.au>  from half way around the world should be viewed