Re: renaming modules to lib*

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 07:55:23 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@hem.passagen.se>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 5:25 AM
Subject: Re: renaming modules to lib*

> Actually they are not built as libraries, they are built as object
> archives. The whole archive is linked in as an object, not an library.
>
> Same file format, different link syntax.
>
> /Henrik

Ah, path/.a instead of -L path -lname. I thought that made no differenc
to the resulting binary for static links?

The question still remaings for the shared module stuff that I am
targeting down the track (and yes, it's 100% optional - static compiles
will still be the default).

So can I rename them?