a general question

From: Songqing Chen <sqchen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:00:50 -0400

Hi,
I am not sure if this is the right place I should sent email to. But i
really want to satisfy my curiosity as soon as possible.

I followed the "squid-2.3.STATBLE4" source code, trying to see how the
client's requests are processed.
From the "main.c" to "comm_select.c","client_side.c" ,.....

The client's requests are processed in
"
clientReadRequest(int fd, void *data)
"
, (parsing, checking the access, blah.....), but I don't know where the
next story is. I mean where the "squid" processes the request, to check
if it has the document cached, and if, sends back, if not, sends to
peers or server...... which are the programs processing these ?

When you have time, would you please tell me something about this?
Thanks very much.

--
Songqing Chen
Dept. of Computer Science