automake update

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:46:08 +1000

I've fixed a couple of errors, and update the patch for automake CVS.
The automake team have added a testcase for the bug the patch works
around -but the patch is not the preferred way of tackling the bug -
they are going to do a better solution.

Henrik - regarding having to track all the Makefiles, I don't think it's
a big issue:

For self-contained projects they can have their own micro-configure
scripts. (They don't need 95% of the tests that squid itself does.).
Finding and adding those projects should be able to be scripted, and
automake won't iterate down into them. For example if we include
gettext, or an external image processing library or...

For projects that aren't self-contained i.e. small plugins/modules, if
they include squid's config.h then the author has to update the last
section of configure.in.

It does mean that add-ins can't be distributed as standalone tarballs
unless they have their own configure script - but that makes sense if
you think about it.

Rob