licencing and modules

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:05:34 +1000

I think now is a good time to raise this topic.

One of the concerns I have with getting run-time modules going, is that
corporations may release binary only modules. Thats something I don't
want to see happen. I'm driving the run-time loading to allow easy
inplace upgrades, and more flexible configs, not to reduce the GPLness
of squid.

Is there any mechanism that can be put in place to ensure that all
libraries/modules that squid can load will have to be GPL'd as well?

Or is doing that a bad thing?

Rob