Re: licencing and modules

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:41:13 +0200

Chemolli Francesco (USI) wrote:

> IIRC Harvest was originally under a BSD license. How was it possible
> to change that to a GPL for Squid then?

Harvest was not BSD licensed (see "CREDITS"), but I am pretty sure Duane
can provide details as it is he who made the transition from Harvest
Cached to Squid GPL (both in person and source, I only witnessed the
source transition and had email contact with Duane during the time).

It is generally possible to go from BSD to GPL, but not the other way
around. Well, technically it is possible for the copyright holder to go
from GPL to any license form, but only if great care has been taken in
how contributions to the GPL code has been accepted (which is not the
case in case of Squid).

/ Henrik