Re: licencing and modules

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:56:50 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> Version 45 ? Seriously though, if the licence has a grey area would UCSD
> agree to putting an explicit statement for binary modules on the bottom?
> After all, we're not changing the copyright - we're explaining how use
> of the squid run-time module mechanism (after all there will be headers
> to use and interfaces they must meet) constitutes a derivative. (Or
> doesn't, depending on majority opinion here.

So leave the issue blank, and let the companies who wishes to release
non-free modules worry about the issue. After all, it is their neck at
risk if there ever is a problem.

What we can do is to add a note in the API documentation warning people
that there might be an issue with the GPL license and releaseing
non-free Squid modules.

/ Henrik