Re: cbdataFree

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 00:59:53 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> The cbdata system was never designed as a refcounted allocator - it
> was designed as a verifyer of callback pointers. What we probably
> want to do is extend the cbdata allocator to take a "free on refcount -> 0"
> flag when we setup a cbdata pool.

cbdata is for callback data where validity needs to be verified. It is
NOT a reference counted allocator, and should not be made into one.

If there is need for a reference counted allocator, then make one
designed for that purpose. It might be similar to cbdata, but is is not
the same thing, and should not use the same API.