Re: cbdataFree

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:51:12 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> comm_read, recently written by Adrian uses cbdataValid to ensure the the
> buffer passed for reading in to is cbdataLock and cbdataUnlockable. This
> is due to us overloading cbdata I think and will go away as soon as a
> refcount allocater is written.

cbdataValid does not check if the data is cbdata, only that if is it
cbdata then it hasn't been cbdataFree():d. If you pass a non-cbdata
thing to cbdataValid then Squid vill crash, just as it does if you pass
a non-cbdata thing to cbdataLock(). (there is a magic key on cbdata
allocations, verified on all cbdata operations)

A locked but cbdataFree():d entry is still lock/unlockable.