Re: Squid 2.4-200105082300 memory leaks

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:58:12 +0200

John Gilbert wrote:

> Hello Henrik, everyone,
> What I'm worried about, which I think Purify is able to show, is the
> repeated memory
> allocations that are dropped, like 26 * 8kB and 20 * 1kB, and not the
> malloced one time, not freed on shutdown leaks..

Those you should be able to identify by comparing the leak reports of a
short and a longer run, to see if any allocations stick out.

But a runtime leak check might also do the trick (runtime == the leak
check is done while the application is still running, by temporarily
suspending the application and then do a garbage collect of all
allocations)