Re: bugzilla query:

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 23:56:46 +0200

bigzilla has many odd states rarely used. How one defines the meaning of
the different methods of closing a request is up to the project. The
"template database" is too generic for most uses, and yet lacks quite
basic functionality...

It is possible to set up a very neat and well functioning bugzilla, but
doing so requires someone caring about the bug database, have experience
of "serious" bugtracking, and who know about MySQL and perl programming
(at least I think it is perl.. was a while since I worked with bugzilla
setups..). Today we have neither and even less time to spend on it,
which leaves us with a basic bugzilla not that well adjusted for the
project needs, and with even less guidelines for how the bug tracker
should (or not) be used. But we are slowly getting there.

At this stage getting the bug reports into bugzilla is the most
important step. And to make this step we need to start reading and
acting on reports posted in bugzilla regulary, not only every second
month or so.