Re: bugzilla query:

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 20:33:41 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>

> The question of resolved vs closed is still in the air. (And yes it is
> secondary to actioning the bug fixes, but saving developer and bug
> reporter confusion is worth a bit of time now IMO.
>
> If no-one has a set opinion can I suggest the following:
>
> A bug is closed when the bug reporter is satisfied with the fix ||
(the
> bug reporter cannot be contacted && the assignee is satisfied).

[snip]

sorry for the noise on this. I finally found the bugzilla notes:

http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/bug_status.html

And it makes more sense.
(In summary:
resolved when the user has the thing happening,
verified when QA (ie henrik/adrian or duane) agree with the resolution
being the "right way to do it"
closed when a new release ships with the verified solution in it.)

there's probably some nutty holes with how to address wontfix's and
which version things apply to (ie we wontfix a bug in 2.2 nowadays, but
the bug exists in 2.3 and will be fixed there via a patch, ditto for 2.4
and 2.5 will ship with it fixed).

***
My question: Is this how we are doing it?
***

Sideissue: IIRC bugzilla has had many changes to it to handle this sort
of thing better... but upgrading will take person-time that I suspect we
are missing.

Rob