Re: storeio API change, again? :)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 09:08:44 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> The main trouble is that I want to implement an async
> create()/open() but the storeio code assumes that the
> storeCreate() / storeOpen() are sync.

Nope. They are async, but without a notification. Only notification is
on error. This is also true for write().

The API is designed this way to simplify the upper layers. The swapout
of a object is completely async where the only notification is on
completeteion.

swapin of a object is also async, where the notifications are when data
have arrived.

It is currently the FS responsibility to buffer writes as required, and
block reads until the file is opened.

> Does anyone here have a problem with me making storeCreate() /
> storeOpen() properly async? This will solve a *lot* of issues
> I'm having trying to fit this in, and it'll also make
> Kevin's job a tad bit easier in his sfs code.

I don't see the need.