Squid-2.5 / 2.6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 00:03:05 +0200

Chemolli Francesco (USI) wrote:

> I hope that I'll weed these bugs out, I'd really like to have a fully
> functional squid-2.5 setup site by the end of August.

I hope to start serious testing of Squid-2.5 soon. We have a product
line requiring the rproxy branch, and we plan on sync the productline to
use Squid-2.5 all over.

> While I'm writing, do you have any idea on the feature-set that you'd like
> to have in squid-2.5? I think we might start thinking about feature-freezes
> soonish...

I always do. I don't think the feature set of Squid-2.5 should grow much
more than it already has.

Summary of the sourceforge branches and status:

* auth_rewrite, auth_ntlm, auth_digest (fixes)
* carp (fixes)
* tosaddracl (proven useful feature)
/ cbdata (API updates)
/ unix_sockets
+ authinfo
+ ssl-nohttp
+ satellite
+ cygwin
+ authinfo
+ compactsentry
+ store_check
+ ipv6
+ refcount
+ chunked_mempools
+ rproxy
+ squid-amake
+ etag
+?cpuProfiling
? te, te_modules
? commloops
? storepartial
? sfs
? generic_modules
? content_processing
- modio
- reiserfs_raw
- tcp_async
- raid
- eventio

Legend:

* squid-2.5 candidate
/ maybe 2.5 candidate, else 2.6
+ 2.6 candidate (some not yet finished but still candidates)
+?2.6 candidate byt maybe better kept as a separate patch..
? status unknown
- not considered at this time