Re: hash_string broken

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 13:39:05 +0200

Chemolli Francesco (USI) wrote:

> I'm using the good old printf, as suggested by Adrian.
> Since this is run on a semi-production server (it's the only way to get
> the Nxxthousand hits to trigger the bug), having squid crash is more
> acceptable than just stopping responding (if squid hangs but is still
> bound to the port, PAC-based failover won't work).

What I commonly did in the same situation I installed a couple of GDB
scripts to automate the data collection when the fault was detected, but
if you are in a position that you can get coredumps, printf+abort() is
just as good, except that it requires a recompile to change the data
collection setup.