Leakfinder

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:28:04 +0200

Can anybody give me some hints on how does the leakfinder work? I have the
impression that somewhere someone is leaking memory, and I wanted to try
to do some profiling.

I've tried a few malloc leak-detectors, with Mozilla's "leaky" apparently
being
the most suited to the job, however it won't work.

Leaky opens at initialization a file to log mallocs and frees to (of course
it's
opened at FD 3). Squid forcibly tries to close all FDs but std* in main(),
so I
patched main to leave FD 3 alone, however Squid STILL will reopen that FD
for the
cache log. I tried looking in debug.c, and the code is so simple and
straightforward
I can't figure out what's happening. gdb'ing is out of the question since
the debugger works by redefining the weak malloc symbol, thus confusing gdb.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any hints.

--
	/kinkie