Re: Question not found in Squid FAQ

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 09:44:11 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@hem.passagen.se>
To: "Marcos Barreto de Castro" <mbdecastro@yahoo.com>
Cc: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: Question not found in Squid FAQ

> Well.. there is authenticate_ttl in the configuration file, doing exacly
> what you ask for. Default setting is a interval of 1 hour.
>

> Robert: In squid-2.5 the meaning of this directive have apparently
> changed quite drastically, with the meaning of authenticate_ttl moved to
> auth_param credentialsttl. Please clean this up before 2.5 release.

The cache timeout is per scheme by design - NTLM overhead vs basic vs digest
is quite different. I can make it global again if you want (but I don't
think it makes sense to do so). The authenticate_ttl directive should have
been removed from the cf.date.pre file and Config struct as it isn't used at
all in 2.5...

With the rewritten parser in generic_modules the directive for basic is
authenticate_ttl again, because we can plugin top level directives cleanly.
I don't anticipate that that code will be high enough quality for 2.5
inclusion though.

Would it help to rename the credentialsttl to authparam scheme
authenticate_ttl ?

Rob