Re: Is there a general or Squid specific FTP Proxy Protocol Spec?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 05:28:44 +0800

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> What is not defined in any RFC today is how a HTTP proxy should render
> FTP directory listings so each proxy has it's own method for doing so,
> but on the other hand there is no RFC describing on a FTP server should
> render directory listings either..

The cloest to this is an FTP directory format written
by Dan Bernstein. It certainly makes sense and is
easily machine-parseable, but it hasn't been widely
adopted.

2 points goes to those of you who can guess why. :-)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			Yeah, for me its (XML) like the movie Titanic.
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  Everybody loves it.