Re: Multiple request blocking

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 06:04:05 +0800

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Seems to be a problem with refreshes when the object is already cached
> but expired.
>
> Not sure what to do about it. Not sure what to do about it, or if it is
> of general interest to Squid in normal use outside this specific
> benchmark.
>

> Fellow Squid developers: What is your opinion on how/if/when we should
> chain concurrent requests for the same object before even the status is
> known?

Why can't we just return an error in the same order as it'd appear
if the requests weren't pipelined?

Eg, if the browser requests A B, C and D and C errors out, return
A and B and then an error for C.

Note that I'm going to be re-reading the relevant HTTP RFCs this
weekend, so I might be missing something that I wouldn't miss
on Monday. :-)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			Yeah, for me its (XML) like the movie Titanic.
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  Everybody loves it.