Re: squid-3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:44:57 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> Sure. We were working to the outline spec discussed ~ 6 months ago.
> However I think Adrian was referring to the filter concept - that can be
> used to implement the request flow.
>
> I'll pull out the API into a semi-formal set of notes for group review,
> and pull in the request flow at the same time.

Good.

> One of the major things I'd like on the schedule for a rewrite is a unit
> testing capability - from the start.

Agreed. And writing such tests when you have defined API layers between
modules is a lot easier. "Just" write a program (or in simple cases a
GDB script) verifies that the module conforms to the API is is supposed
to implement.

The tricky tests are when you need to test integration between different
modules, as in case of the authentication <-> client HTTP integration.
There you may have to test things from the other way, replacing the
authentication module with test code..