Need help making an IPSEC cache/gateway

From: cobb <jcobb1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 03:02:30 -0500

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I have a network that sits on a T1, and has users that connect to a Nortel based VPN (IPSEC) server at their main office. I would like to use a Linux solution to create a gateway( w/ IPChains or something) and Squid for then to use. However, I was told that Linux, using IP MASQ does not have the capability to route the Authenticated Header (AH) protocol used in IPSEC. First off, is this true? Is there a way around this (use a different NAT package). And finally, does Squid, or any of your partners package distributions (network appliances, etc.) that could help me achieve my goals? Thanks for your help.

Jeremy Cobb