CYGWIN blocking reads?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:38:48 +0200

Is this really required?

Seems like a hack around a CYGWIN bug which should be fixed in CYGWIN if
it isn't already. If CYGWIN cannot manage non-blocking I/O for read
I cannot say it is a viable platform for running Squid. We are
VERY likely to run into more issues like this.

found in clientKeepaliveNextRequest()
        /*
         * CYGWIN has a problem and is blocking on read() requests when
there
         * is no data present.
         * This hack may hit performance a little, but it's better than
         * blocking!.
         */
#ifdef _SQUID_CYGWIN_
        commSetSelect(conn->fd, COMM_SELECT_READ, clientReadRequest,
conn, 0);
#else
        clientReadRequest(conn->fd, conn);      /* Read next request */
#endif