Compiling for COSS (was Re: squid-2.4stable2 ?)

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:49:33 -0500

Thanks Henrik,

This solved the SWAPFAIL_MISSes I was seeing (I guess the aio_read that
got pulled in from the aufs code when I configured with aufs was working
but not really as a substitute for POSIX aio_read).

Adrian, nevermind on the SWAPFAIL_MISSes and on the performance problems.

It actually appears to be pretty zoomy now at 70 req/sec, and with near
ideal hit ratio so far. I'm going to give it a good workout today and
tonight and will present findings later. I think you might just be on
to something here.

I will also look into SGI's kaio. I seem to recall converting from
POSIX to kaio isn't too big of a job. If it isn't I'll try a
linux_async_io.c (or perhaps just add some #ifdefs in the async_io.c
file, since there is only the three wrapper functions that call aio_xxx).

Is it safe to use multiple disks and cossdirs with the current COSS?

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances