Re: Compiling for COSS (was Re: squid-2.4stable2 ?)

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 05:37:29 -0600

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001, Joe Cooper wrote:

> > Are you using IDE PIO? If so, try DMA.
>
> Sometimes you stun me spotting these things from afar, Henrik. Being a
> new machine, which was not originally destined for being a test box
> (it's going to find it's way into a colo facility soon to be the company
> webserver), it never had DMA enabled. Interrupts are way down with DMA
> enabled and CPU usage has dropped a bit too. I'm pushing it to 100
> right now, with two drives, and it's looking very good.

Phew. :)

> Apologies, Adrian. It's like I'm /trying/ to make COSS look worse than
> it is, eh?

Nah, lets just put it down as a comedy of errors. Now I need to solve
that partial-object problem. Can you find me a URL that always fails?
I'd like to throw the thing through 'client' to see what the story is.
The little testing I've done here doesn't show anything, but again
it doesn't mean there is nothing wrong.. :)

You should also upgrade to the latest diskio - i moved the
client sock buf size back to 4k. The actual buffer itself isn't used
anymore, but I think if it doesn't match SM_PAGE_SIZE things will
break (and I'll go and do the substitution later.)

Adrian