logd vs. Polygraph

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:52:05 -0500

Interesting results:

Squid+logd access.log:
[root@zope squid-logd]# wc -l /var/log/squid/access.log
  331763 /var/log/squid/access.log

cachemgr info:
Number of HTTP requests received: 698836

Polygraph:
215.24| got 646166 xactions and 0 errors

This strikes me a bit odd... I won't say logd is losing entries, but
I'm perplexed if it isn't. Note that the higher number in mgr output is
due to me not restarting Squid between the time I realized I had
forgotten to zero the access log--so I zeroed the log and restarted the
test without restarting Squid. But it does look like about half, but
not quite, half of the requests are disappearing.

I'll give it another go at a much lower request rate to see if it is a
load activated problem.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances