Re: logd vs. Polygraph

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Aug 2001 20:48:54 +1000

On 22 Aug 2001 00:09:58 -0500, Joe Cooper wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
>

> Ok, at 20 reqs/sec, it appears to keep up with every request.

Definately load related then :].

I've added an assert to squid to die if the log helper's socket gets
bytes read from it by squid.

If you could see if that dies under load, that would be useful. Also, if
you could try Henriks' suggestion (killall -STOP logd) and see if that
makes squid stop dead (to see if the log pipe really is blocking).

> I noticed that Squid was falling behind when running at 50 (remember
> this is a completely stock compile without aufs, so not very fast and 50
> does eventually overload it). So perhaps as long as Squid keeps it
> together logd will too. I'll run a longer test at this rate to see if
> anything degrades with time.

Thanks..

Rob