Re: authentication negative caching

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:15:03 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> On 29 Aug 2001 14:42:34 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > The bug with negative caching of authentication requests still exists in
> > the new auth code.
>
> I can't remember if I was going to get to that, or had gotten to it (and
> not fixed it properly)...
>
> Could you remind me of the scenario?

See http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200105/0098.html

This is a problem for new registrations or helpdesks setting the users
password where it may be the case that the user tries to log on using the
same password before it is known by the authenticator.

Also a problem in case of temporary authenticator failures.