Re: Truncating the logged timestamp

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:50:29 +0200

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> I would not recommend the former. Some log analyzers will interpret
> zero-starting integers as octal rather than decimal numbers. I have
> been beaten by that:

Well.. most integer fields in Squid logs is zero-padded since way back. The
access time is about the only exception to this rule as it is first on the line
and it wasn't imagined that we were close to 1M I guess...

But my vote is to let it be, or to remove the field width completely. It is
useless on this field.