Re: Multiple Questions?

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 03 Sep 2001 18:20:10 +1000

On 03 Sep 2001 09:13:36 +0100, khaled mobayed wrote:
> Hello

_please_ keep replies cc'd to the list unless there is a reason for
private conversation.

> I will rephrase my question:
> I have the following situation: I have many users with terminals
connected to server, this server is connected to proxy server which is
Squid, the question is this:
> When a user request comes to Squid it will have the server IP, so when
this user becomes authenticated, all the following users using the same
server won't have to authenticate.

Proxy authentication does not work by IP address. It works by
proxu-authentication http headers that are included on each request. So
squid will treat users from the same server differently.

Have you experimented with squid and authentication at all?

Rob