Re: Size of src/Makefile.in is 4.1 MB after automake

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 21:56:06 +0200

Hi,

Il 00.33 03/09/2001 Robert Collins ha scritto:

>Yes, that was the exponentially bad case for AM_CONDITIONALS.
>
>With some research it appears that the fix for this went into automake
>after feature freeze and branching for 1.5. I've e-mailed the
>automake@gnu.org list to see if and when that will be available in a
>production release.
>
>However: that size Makefile.in was the size I was working with during
>all the squid automake testing and creation I did from cygwin and my
>little openBSD box (a p150).
>
>IMO this isn't a big issue - as you say, it builds and configures
>correctly, and those repetitive lines compress really well for
>distribution.

Sure, the main thing is to know exactly where the problem is.
This is the first time that I use automake, so yesterday I have a doubt if my
makefile.am changes was wrong.

Thanks

Guido

>I'll know more about getting a fix backported into 1.5 shortly though.
>
>Rob

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.610749
E-mail: serassio@interfree.it
         serassio@libero.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it