Re: Size of src/Makefile.in is 4.1 MB after automake

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 04 Sep 2001 08:49:16 +1000

On 04 Sep 2001 00:20:44 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
>
> > Yep. The 'feature' was fixed august 13th - before the release - I'm not
> > sure that it was missed by oversite.
>
> Any chance to get around this old feature?
>
> It is a bit unfortunate if we cannot use the latest stable automake..

We can use the latest stable automake. It just produces a very large
Makefile.am :-]. Seriously, I've posted to the automake list, enquiring,
but the gods there are mainly American AFAICT and had a holiday on
monday.

Older versions of automake all display this issue. Is it a showstopper?
IMO it's not.

Rob