Re: aio_read implementaion in Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 07:03:01 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> > Have now updated eventio to HEAD (and automake). It compiles, but I
> > strongly doubt it is at all usable. The code was left in the middle of a
> > farily large transition from the old "polled" I/O model to the "eventio"
> > I/O model.
>
> Did you have any ideas on how this could be done relatively easily?

Not really. At the stage eventio branch currently is the easiest path is
most likely to "just" finish the transition.

If one starts over doing it at a slower pace then I have some ideas on
how the old I/O model could be implemented using the new core, including
deferred reads. But it is unclear if this will be any easier.