Re: aio_read implementaion in Squid

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:07:30 -0500

Yes, you're seeing exactly the performance that you should expect from
such hardware. If you want faster, you'll either have to do some
serious coding (hacking on the eventio framework is probably a great
place to start, as Henrik and Adrian have suggested), or upgrade your
hardware. Additional disks and more RAM are a start, but you'll see CPU
saturation soon as well--650MHz isn't much for a well loaded Squid.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances