Peer twiddling

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 01:01:17 -0600

Hi guys,

I've had some requests by ISPs to enable a method of twiddling the
peer configuration without restarting squid. This is so an external
program can change various bits of the peer's configuration.

The current quick modification simply enables/disables a given
peer via an internal URL (/squid-internal-peer/peername:peerport/enable
or .../disable), but later on down the track a few other things
might be twiddled (eg peer weights, default parent status.)

I've thrown it into the 'peertwiddle' branch on sourceforge.
The patch is pretty simple in itself, but I'm curious to know if
anyone can suggest a better way of implementing it.

I'd like for this to eventually find its way into squid-HEAD
and squid-2.4.

(The diff URL is http://squid.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/diff/peertwiddle)

Thanks!

Adrian