Re: Peer twiddling

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:03:26 +0200

We have had this discussion a couple of times.

The most logical approach is extending the cachemgr interface with more
active options like this. Have done so previously when I needed to
selectively reload parts of the configuration (more specifically included
acl definitions). This however was not accepted by Duane at the time.

I think the last time we discussed this the conlcusion was that there
should be a better local control mechanism replacing the -k xxx signals
used today, for example by using a named pipe or unix domain socket. This
could then easily be extended with active actions like the ones discussed.