Re: Peer twiddling

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 03:15:10 -0600

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> We have had this discussion a couple of times.
>
> The most logical approach is extending the cachemgr interface with more
> active options like this. Have done so previously when I needed to
> selectively reload parts of the configuration (more specifically included
> acl definitions). This however was not accepted by Duane at the time.

Hence why i implemented it as an internal URL rather than a
cachemgr option.

> I think the last time we discussed this the conlcusion was that there
> should be a better local control mechanism replacing the -k xxx signals
> used today, for example by using a named pipe or unix domain socket. This
> could then easily be extended with active actions like the ones discussed.

Agreed. However, after playing around with this, I actually like
the idea of doing it via internal URLs. I think its extensible enough,
and its a target for fine-grain ACL controls via the normal ACLs,
rather than having to recode new ones.

Adrian