Re: sf cvs prob?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 00:33:07 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Hi Henrik,
>
> I want to back out the last couple of days of changes I've done
> to the diskio branch - specifically, the storeRead() optimisations
> that I did. I want to rip them out just for the time being.
>
> I can't figure out the CVS magic, I can't see the committed diffs
> in the cvsweb.cgi, band I don't want to do it manually. I can't
> look through the commit mail because I'm missing some. :(
>
> Whats the magic required to diff the diskio branch with something
> on it n days ago?

On that specific task CVS sucks.. you can easily do it on HEAD, but not
in a branch it seems. CVS either works on tags or on dates, not both..

If you know the file you have touched you can locate the relevant
version number by running

cvs log -r<your_branch_name> filename

and then back them out by using

cvs update -j<newest_version_to_delete>
-j<version_you_want_to_go_back_to> filename