Re: xInfo. about certain squid code

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 08:59:22 +0200

Shailen Randhir Pandya wrote:

> I'll be very thankful if someone can answer the following 2 questions
> about squid's source code -
> (1) What is the role of the function
> commDeferRead(int fd)
> in the file comm_select.c?

The owner of a filedescriptor can register a defer function, that will
delay processing on that filedescriptor. Used for example to defer
reading of server connections when there isn't enought bufferspace
between the server and client connections.

> (2) What is the purpose of the macros POLLRDNORM & POLLWRNORM?

These are standard poll() events matching normal read or write events.

Some older poll() implementations do not have these, so we fall back on
POLLIN if POLLRDNORM isn't defined. (and similary POLLOUT if POLLWRNORM
isn't defined).

Regards
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker