Re: automake

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:20:18 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> > ./bootstrap.sh: !: not found

> hmm. Well I'm not an expert shell scripter... Henrik, any ideas (this is
> after > your rewrite of bootstrap.sh).

I keep forgetting that "if !" is an shell extension not supported on all
platforms. Fixed by using a dummy true statement...

> > basically, include/config.h got wiped out during "cvsmerge HEAD".
> > from merge.log:
> > cvs update: move away include/config.h; it is in the way
> > C include/config.h
> > cvs server: scheduling include/config.h.in for removal
>
> Ah, you build in your source dir don't you?.
>
> I think the following is correct: Henrik?
> Ok, rm include/config.h. Then cvs -z3 update -Pdkk -r HEAD
> include/config.h.
>
> Then cvs rtag -r <branch> <branch-merge-tag> squid include/config.h
> and check it in cvs ci include/config.h

Just removing it and rerun cvsmerge should work. If not, manually copy
it over and add it to your branch.

One question: Did the cvsmerge script notice the conflict, leaving you
in a shell, or did it try to continue?

How to get the changes you had in config.h.in over into config.h is a
trickier business and not something that can easily be scripted. Also,
the scripts do no attempts in tracking the past so doing this after
running cvsmerge basically requires one to find the correct version
numbers of config.h.in. Normally this is the current minus one.

cvs log include/config.h | grep Z-<yourbranch>_merge_HEAD

cvs status include/config.h

then substract one from the two versions found and run

  cvs rdiff -u -r<first_version> -r<second_version>
squid/include/config.h.in | patch include/config.h

to apply the changes to config.h