Re: automake

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 20:01:39 +0200

On 1 Oct 2001, at 19:20, Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:

> > > cvs update: move away include/config.h; it is in the way
> > > C include/config.h
> > > cvs server: scheduling include/config.h.in for removal

> > I think the following is correct: Henrik?
> > Ok, rm include/config.h. Then cvs -z3 update -Pdkk -r HEAD
> > include/config.h.
> >
> > Then cvs rtag -r <branch> <branch-merge-tag> squid include/config.h
> > and check it in cvs ci include/config.h
>
> Just removing it and rerun cvsmerge should work. If not, manually copy
> it over and add it to your branch.

 as I understand it, thats what I finally got to - manual copy.
 (cvs update -p -r HEAD config.h > config.h; cvs add; cvs commit)

> One question: Did the cvsmerge script notice the conflict, leaving you
> in a shell, or did it try to continue?

 no conflict. as quoted above, "it is in the way", and removed.
 cvsmerge rerun didn't help. It probably thought that branch was cool.

> How to get the changes you had in config.h.in over into config.h is a
> trickier business and not something that can easily be scripted. Also,

 I probably don't need to.
 Its just that merge removed the file that latest head needs, that
 caused the confusion.

 Andres Kroonmaa <andre@online.ee>
 CTO, Microlink Online
 Tel: 6501 731, Fax: 6501 725