Re: Heap policy maintenance

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 10:35:25 +0200

Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> Is heap maintained by someone? It was added very long ago.
> I wouldn't be too surprised if it leaks after so many changes
> around other places.
> try without heap. it doesn't cost anything.

The heap implementation is not actively maintained and have not received
much tracing. However, the API between Squid and the policies is very
small and does not actually depend much on the rest of the code.

I am not saying there can't be a leak in heap, but I would be very
surprised if there is. If it is then most likely the lowlevel heap
implementation has been trashed (lib/heap.c).