Re: swap_meta

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 17:08:34 +0200

Hmm.. I thoght only the following fields was part of the swap-meta, but
it seems also the refcount and flags fields are intended to be there...

Ouch.. not good as this means all STORE_META_STD TLV fields currently
written by Squid-2.4 and later is broken, limiting the usefullness of
directory rebuilds (rebuilds without swap.state). Now fixed in HEAD but
we should perhaps backport the fix to 2.4.. (move the
directory/filenumber fields down)

Note: STORE_META_STD is only read during directory rebuilds without
swap.state. The same information is also kept differently in swap.state.

I fully agree. There should be a mapping in code between the meta layout
and in-core layout, as there is for swap.state (the storeSwapLogData
struct).