Re: Squid-2.4 memory leaks

From: Florin Andrei <florin@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Oct 2001 10:57:05 -0700

On Thu, 2001-10-04 at 11:58, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Florin Andrei wrote:
>
> > Hmmm... I still see aweful memory leaks with 2.4STABLE on Irix, on a
> > machine that gets like 90 req/second. The process starts at approx 200
> > MB, then it grows like hell, until it crashes 1...3 days later, when
> > it's almost 2 GB in size. :-/ Tried dlmalloc, it doesn't help.
>
> Any clue on where this memory goes? I.e. any sign in the cachemgr pages?

Ok, here are the most significant MRTG graphs for my proxy:
- the memory usage (1200.0 k actually means 1200MB = 1.2GB)
- the number of HTTP requests per second (the graph with req/s)
- CPU usage as reported by Squid (% out of 100)
- the amount of traffic going in (kBytes/s)
All the graphs start very soon after rebooting Squid, so the left margin
is the status of the proxy right after reinitialising.

On the memory usage graph, the green area is the "Total space in arena",
and the blue line is the "Total free" - these are parsed by MRTG scripts
right out of cachemgr.cgi output.
As you can see, i have lots and lots of free memory, and with no
explanation as of why. :-)
I also attached the configuration file of my proxy (slightly edited for
content :-D).

I'm using 2.4STABLE1 on SGI Irix-6.5, compiled with MIPSPro-7.3 C
compiler.

--
Florin Andrei
...using Microsoft D'oh NET platform

mem-day.png hps-day.png cpu-day.png ext-trf-in-day.png