Re: WIN32 PSAPI patch

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 21 Oct 2001 21:05:03 +1000

On Sun, 2001-10-21 at 19:57, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Guido: The patch contains several segments specific to a native windows
> port not using cygwin.
>
> I am not very fond of messing up the code with various native windows
> port stuff until such a port is complete, and the native port of 2.5 is
> far from complete isn't it?

IMO Guido forward porting bit by bit in clean sections makes a lot of
sense. We get a lot more time to say 'this bit is unclean' and 'that bit
is good'. Say for example the getrusage stuff. So I'm for bringing in
the WIN32 stuff incrementally. Anything major - such as directly using
WinSock calls or implementing overlapped I/O - can then be evaluated on
it's merits, without all the trivial stuff being mixed into the same
patch.

Just my 2c.

Rob