Re: WIN32 PSAPI patch

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 14:55:24 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> IMO Guido forward porting bit by bit in clean sections makes a lot of
> sense. We get a lot more time to say 'this bit is unclean' and 'that bit
> is good'.

I'd prefer if we do all of those in one large batch. That way one gets a
better picture of all those small things.

Isolater one of these changes may be OK, but if a similar thing is done
at many places then perhaps a better approach needs to be found.

> Say for example the getrusage stuff. So I'm for bringing in
> the WIN32 stuff incrementally. Anything major - such as directly using
> WinSock calls or implementing overlapped I/O - can then be evaluated on
> it's merits, without all the trivial stuff being mixed into the same
> patch.

For which we have support for hierarchical branches, like how you worked
with ntlm and authrewrite. Have a upper branch to where you percolate
stable changes from a development branch.