Re: Squid-2.5, what is left

From: Florin Andrei <florin@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Oct 2001 14:04:57 -0700

On Fri, 2001-10-19 at 23:44, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Cool. Other than that, and any pending bugzilla bugs, it looks ok.
> Florin - if you're reading this, could you test this out on a
> proxy there and see if it also leaks memory in your situation?

I've been fantastically busy lately, which is why i didn't talked to you
about the DNS patch, but (if you saw my previous message on squid-dev) i
managed to make Squid-2.4 stay small, just by compiling it with
dlmalloc. :-) So i assume 2.5 will not be very different.
I'd rather not test 2.5 on my production machines, and i'm not sure if i
have the resources (time) to run it on lab benchmarks. Do you
_absolutely_ want me to do it?

--
Florin Andrei
"Making sure the kernel is highly stable even under extreme load (and