Re: IPv6 enabled Squid - how?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 00:51:27 +0200

Good question. I don't thing the ipv6 branch of Squid is actively
maintained at the moment so applying it as a patch to any Squid version
may require some work.

If patching by hand is not something you look forward in doing then you
can try getting the full branch using cvs, but it will then be the
version of Squid there was when the ipv6 branch was last maintained.

  cvs -d :pserver:cvs.devel.squid-cache.org/cvsroot/squid login
  [blank password]
  cvs -d :pserver:cvs.devel.squid-cache.org/cvsroot/squid co -r ipv6 -d
squid-ipv6 squid

Depending on how long ago the ipv6 branch was maintained you may need to
run the bootstrap.sh script after the checkout (requires automake-1.5 or
later to be installed). If there is no bootstrap.sh script then you will
need to run autoheader and autoconf manually.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker