Re: Squid-2.4 memory leaks

From: Florin Andrei <florin@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Oct 2001 16:42:42 -0700

On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 15:34, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> And when you feel more comfortable about having switched to dlmalloc you
> have a good reason to talk to the IRIX development department on why
> IRIX malloc exhibits such bad behaviour for Squid.

I'll do that.
Squid is like a memory allocation stress-test. :o)

Anyway, the abnormal behaviour appeared only when the number of requests
per second was beyond 60, which took the CPU usage close to 100%. Under
lighter load, even the OSs own allocator didn't eat up too much memory.

> Also, before relaxing completely you should verify the process size
> using your OS tools as well as the Squid provided statistics, but it is
> looking good.

Yes, it is. top says it's around 220 MB and (almost) steady.
Well, it still grows up, but maybe 100 times slower than before. I'll
see if it will release some memory later.
So far so good.

--
Florin Andrei
"Making sure the kernel is highly stable even under extreme load (and