RE: Squid 2.5 + NTLM on Solaris 8 SPARC

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:42:47 +1000

Thanks Robert,
to save you a little time:
This could appear in two main places.
1) If the BASE64 encoded auth strings are wrong (they shouldn't be), the
in-squid code will get confused. It should spit errors if this was the
case, but it's worth a _quick_ eyeball.
2) The ntlm helper is at fault. We are (I thought) using the correct n2h
and h2n calls with this, but you never know.

For debugging you might try the fakeauth helper. That never talks to the
network. If that works, and shows the correct username, then the ntlmssp
helper is definately at fault and we've eliminated 1).

Cheers,
Rob